So now what? | 08.28.11


And so building continues. . .

One area after the other continues to become populated with conversations and NPCs. Work on the module is just that, regardless of what it is I plan to do when I sit down to do it - at least, that's what I keep telling myself.

Conversations can be a killer when it comes time to adding content, even if it's not plot related but as a builder, I want to offer non-plot NPCs with things to say. From a tavern patron to a local farmer in his field, there should be that interaction - it's what I like in a module, so it's what I build in a module.

Much of the module I've designed has already been displayed with screenshots, yet there is still a good collection of information that has yet to be offered over the development of Fate of the Auren, by far my biggest investment in time and design. With that said, for those who stop in from time to time, is there anything you'd like to know regarding Fate of the Auren - outside of a release date?

I'd like to read it and perhaps put a few blurbs on the blog about it.

8 comments:

Saviour said...

Mate, just finished Αlmraiven and started Shadewood.

What can I say - wow.

Just... just go get a job full time on this stuff if you haven't already.

συγχαρητήρια.

PJH said...

Glad someone is still enjoying them! May Shadewood bring you just as much fun as Almraiven - just remember, it's the wilderness now - and if you have any suggestions or discussions for Fate of the Auren, shoot them my way.

Sav. said...

My built is more suited for the outdoors... I always throw some fighting levels in low level adventures.

My sorc/barb feels quite at home!

But, seriously, I am *very* impressed. Makes me want to learn the set all over again.

All the best,
Sav.

Anonymous said...

Ah, one thing actually.
Are there any merchants in Shadewood?
I've acumulated quite a lot of junk and im not sure whether its worth it or should i just pick up things that matter.

All the best,
Sav.

PJH said...

Oh man, you dual classed? Almraiven and Shadewood are clearly single class Wizard/Sorcerer modules only. You might run into difficulty brewing certain potions in Shadewood if you don't meet the level requirement.

As for the merchants they are only in a village located within the Spider Swamp, a place called Reedmire. You'll have to brave the swamp as it sounds like you didn't take a ship from Almraiven to get to the Forest of Mir - as the ship captain would have dropped you off close to Reedmire - where the Ranger takes you along the trail to the wood.

Saviour said...

dual class was a roleplay decision, lets just say my sorceress is rough around the edges lol.

Havent had any problems so far, at any rate sorcerer progression is slower than wizards.

Lets just say I feel more confident with a longsword in hand, hehe.

I'll tell you if I see any probs.

PJH said...

Hi Saviour!

I've opened up Shadewood in the toolset to review the potion brewing script and you'll be fine. The requirements for brewing some of the more difficult potions look for overall hit dice rather than specific character levels.

This is also the case for Fate of the Auren, so you'll have no problems there as well.

John said...

Hi! I don't have any questions, just wanted to say kudos! I am beginning my 3rd play through of Almraiven - first time, I decided to start over with a different character. Second time my wizard x/barbarian 1 made it to Shadewood but my OS died.

Anyway. Thank you! These modules are just so amazing and atmospheric!