Happy Holidays! | 12.24.10


Ho-Ho-Ho-ld the updates!





I've finally found extra time to update Almraiven and Shadewood. Small bugs and tweaks for the most part, as well as updating each module to the latest 1.69 patch. Cosmetic changes here and there, as well as addressing some of the pain points in both modules that have been commented on more than once by players.

These updates will be repackaged when Fate of the Auren is released in one large trilogy collection, for anyone who has not played the modules as they were released, allowing them to download all the haks and modules together and play right through Almraiven, Shadewood and Fate of the Auren as one single play.

You'll also be able to enjoy these updates in the individual Almraiven and Shadewood module before the trilogy is released.

Unless any new major concerns are raised in either module, this will be the last update as focus on Fate of the Auren moves forward. I've done my best to offer as many updates over the years to support the suggestions of players and fix any bugs I've come across, as well as those that have been reported since the last update.

You can read the updates to Almraiven here. - Text Version.

You can read the updates to Shadewood here. - Text Version.

Wishing all readers a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

- Link to a YouTube video for any fans of Ultima, my favorite game series of all time. By far, the best musical theme for a game. MP3 version of recording available here.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great to hear that the trilogy will be available as one DL in the future! Still looking forward to Fate of the Auren *very* much.

Iyokus said...

I'm currently playing the latest version of Almraiven, and I've noticed a small mix-up (I don't know if it qualifies as a "major concern", but I thought I'd report it anyway): Elthorian now has the same dialogue as the halfling trader on Mandrake Route, and a dwarf on Caravan Run has Falis Goodmane's dialogue.
It means that Wundra's quest can still be opened (by talking to the dwarf) but it can't be closed properly.

Keep up the good work !

PJH said...

Thanks!

Iyokus - yeah, that's major in my books. Thanks for telling me the race of the NPCs, it makes it a lot easier to track down and fix this. Elthorian has been fixed as well as the Dwarf.

I've uploaded a fix for this aleady - Dec 30.

FP!