Bits and Bites | 01.18.12


Like moving through mud. . .

Another year has come and gone, bringing only 5 entries for Fate of the Auren. Spending half of the year traveling will do that and without the ability to flesh things out on the road, the third and final stage of the Auren Trilogy has sputtered along.

Time does seem to go faster the older I get!

Now and again, I think of all the free time I had when building Almraiven, even Shadewood to some degree, but a lot has changed over the course of those modules and Fate of the Auren has not been blessed with the large number of hours I once used to spend building in the toolset.

Still, I continue to work away when I can.

In the next few entries, I'm going to discuss a few systems that are new to the series, as well as some of the older systems brought over from Almraiven and Shadewood.

5 comments:

Saviour said...

Hello mate,

Just finished my 3rd run of Almraiven going for shadewood.

Whn you eventually finifh this, it must surely go down as the most epic of trilogies.

Thank you for all the hard work and imagination!

Sav.

Anonymous said...

I'm curious how far along you are on the mod...any estimates?

big fan of the previous two.

PJH said...

Thanks Sav! Glad to know the modules are keeping you interested enough to want to play them through again!

As for the estimate on how far along I am, Mr. Anonymous ...

I'll use Almraiven and Shadewood as examples based on their plot arc.

In Almraiven, I consider the halfway point of the adventure when you arrive in Benhi's Express to go through the Chamber of Thought.

In Shadewood, that halfway point is when you raise the dead of Volothamp and are reunited with a now dead Bakadah.

So in regards to Fate of the Auren, that's where I'm at - the halfway point of the plot arc. Areas have been designed for the main stage of the story and I'm currently adding in filler - side quests, areas for the first half before diving into the second.

FP!

Saviour said...

The replayabiity of the module is really imoressive, considering the limited class options.

1st run was a barb-sorceress, 2nd run was a wizard and I am now running around shadewood with the 1st character again, as I had missed quite a lot and I wanted to test the druid henchman :)

Rarely have I spent so much time in a module, I usually check the walkthrough in the 1st opportunity. This time I really use my brains for a change even if the puzzles can be seriously tricky at times!

All the best,
Sav.

Anonymous said...

thanks for the update of the estimate FP! I hope a wandering muse infects you with some inspiration so you can complete this wonderful adventure. I don't consider NWN "done" without it ;)